Sunday, June 04, 2006

You know what?

So I had this cool thought once. It wasn't one of those "oh...that's neat" or "Ha Ha funny to yourself...giggle...as you stare into space...wait is anyone watching...quick...act normal" kinda thoughts. This was one of those "Revolutionary 3 o'clock in the morning half asleep...deep life changing...till morning after much needed sleep" kinda thoughts.

Isn't it strange that time has a rhythm...you know...seconds, minutes, hours and such, and how we always battle to be on time and make good use of our time. So us, being the finite beings that we are,...are trapped by time. Till we slip into eternity where time no longer exists that is. But isn't it odd that the machine that keeps us here on this side of eternity is also set to time, that being our heart, with its pulse. So if we then are subject to time in a sense, due to our own physiological makup, then to who/what is time subject to? Cause I mean really! I can't see time as being the supreme intity of the entire universe. Because time isn't really anything, it is just the number of fingers that we hold up after a lap around this eliptical thingy we have come to call earth's orbit. So time, being a physical attribute dealing with planets and rates of speed and what not, actually had a beginning. That means that at one point in time there was no time. I guess that's why the part when Jesus said "I am the beginning and the end" just makes so much sense to me now.

I think that it's cool that God refers to himself as "I am" verb. to be. It's really very fitting.
I guess it's His way of skipping to the point and avoiding a lot of confusion. You know, like when we were kids and gave the merciless barrage of WHY? questions to our parents until they got fed up and said "because I said so now stop asking why!" It's just God's way of making good use of our time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home